Especially, during apparent, and/ or, actual crises, it is essential, for politicians, to begin, transforming to statesmen, when they are elected, and hold public office! What the world, and the United States, needs, especially now, are SMART leaders, who, instead of, merely, articulating populist rhetoric, are ready, willing, and able to surround themselves, with quality, expert, advisers, rather than, merely, political appointments, and yes – men! While, the personal/ political motives/ agenda, of those, serving in positions, where they are elected to serve and represent, the best interest of all citizens, has, often been the case, we have never witnessed, in recent memory, what we have, these past three years! True leadership should mean, avoiding short – cuts, or the path of least resistance, but, far too – often, Americans have elected a leader, with a popular message, regardless of its potential ramifications, etc. With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and why, it should concern us.
1. Sustainable; strategy/ strategic; systems; solutions: It’s dangerous, and unrealistic/ irresponsible, to think, only, short – term, rather than, focusing on the finest, sustainable possibilities! We need individuals, with a meaningful strategy, and the ability to proceed, with the systems, needed, to provide strategic, sustainable solutions, to protect future generations, etc. This is, especially, important, in our environmental protections/ policies, addressing Climate Change (rather than denying it, etc), and public health issues!
2. Myopic; meaningful; make mark; motivate/ motivating: Often, populist politicians, proceed, in a dangerous, myopic manner, and lack of the degree of sustainable concern, and planning, which is needed, and necessary! How can one make his mark, for the better, if his plans, and actions, aren’t truly, meaningful? While, some may be motivated, by political/ populist rhetoric, and/ or, empty promises, the only essential, motivating messages, are those, seeking to address the greater good!
3. Attitude; aptitude; attention; articulate: Instead of promoting negativism, a real leader, must proceed, consistently, with a positive, can – do, attitude! It takes someone with relevant experience, and expertise, to proceed, with the necessary aptitude, and skill – set, and the willingness, and attention, to focus on, not only, the present, but, also, the intermediate and longer – term ramifications, of any actions (as well as the failure to proceed forward, in a timely manner)! Beware, what someone articulates, and what he does, are not always, the same!
4. Relevant; realistic; responsive: Procrastination, denial, blaming and complaining, etc, may be someone’s political response, and approach, but, is rarely the finest path, or a relevant, sustainable one! Americans must, in the future, closely examine candidate’s readiness, etc, in a realistic, responsive manner! What we, are witnessing, these days, seems to many, to be the antithesis, of what is needed, and necessary, for the common good!
5. True/ trust; timely; time – tested: When will voters, begin to begin, better, and more honest, truthful statements? No one will gain, or earn our trust, unless/ until, he proceeds, consistently, in a well – considered, timely manner, and uses a combination of a relevant imagination/ innovation, and, learns effectively from the relevant, time – tested lessons, from the past!
Wake up, America, and demand, SMART, prepared, honorable public officials! It’s up to the people, to take control, before it’s too late!
Richard has owned businesses, been a COO, CEO, Director of Development, consultant, professionally run events, consulted to thousands, conducted personal development seminars, and worked on political campaigns, for 4 decades. Rich has written three books and thousands of articles. Website: http://plan2lead.net and LIKE the Facebook page for common sense: http://facebook.com/commonsense4all
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Richard_Brody/492539