In pursuance of the order No POL-75/2020/ Pt/40 dated Shillong, the 29 May, 2020 issued by the Government of Meghalaya permitting only non-contact sporting activities, the following SOP will be followed for Non-Contact and Indirect-contact sporting activities.
Resumption of non-contact and indirect contact sporting activities shall be in compliance with Government guidelines on health, social distancing and hygiene to ensure safety to all stakeholders.
At all times sports organisations /associations and other stakeholders must respond to the directives of Health Department or other authorities.
The detection of a positive COVID-19 case in a sporting club or organisation will result in a standard public health response, which could include testing and quarantine of individuals as per protocols of the Health and Family Welfare Department.
Individual sports with no requirement for physical contact during training or competition
and minimal requirement for sharing of equipment. These include Archery, shooting, cycling, Fencing and Athletics (only track sporting activities which does not require the
use of equipment).
Sports (individual and team) which lead to indirect contact during training or competition by sharing of equipment like balls, shuttlecock, racquets. These include Golf, Lawn Tennis and Badminton.
PROCEDURES FOR TRAINING AND SPORTING ACTIVITY
- Full array of training and sporting activities may be performed as individual or pair maintaining distancing norms of minimum 2 metres between athletes and staff.
- Personal equipment such as bow, gun, sword, rackets etc shall be used without sharing.
- In the dire need of sharing any of such personally used equipment, equipment shall properly disinfected after every single use as per the standard procedure using disinfectant, wearing face masks, gloves and personal precautionary equipment etc.
- Sports specific safety equipment such as a helmet, eye protectors, face protectors etc shall not be shared.
- Shared training equipment must be disinfected after every singe use.
- Consistent hand sanitization is a must before, during and after every training session. For indirect contact sports, equipments which are bound to be shared and utilized continuously must be handled carefully without using such equipment to rub/ touch face, remove sweat etc.
- No spectators shall be allowed within sporting venues at any time. Only athletes and trainers shall be present at the venue.
MANAGEMENT OF PREMISES
The disinfection of premises shall be performed by the custodians of the respective Sporting venues. venues ror no contact sports under the state sports council Meghalaya (SSCM) will be disinfected by the SSCM. Similarly, community grounds being
used for non-contact sporting events will be disinfected by the respective Village heads/Associations/ Clubs/ Organisations and Stakeholdes.
- All areas within the premises shall be disinfected using clinically approved disinfectants. The areas to be disintected include but not limited to-
- Entrances (doorknobs, handles etc-) to premise, buldings, rooms.
- All common areas which are used by trainees, Visitors Playing surfaces, various equipment at the field of play, operational areas for field of play
- which includes control panels for irrigation system, flood lights and adjacent areas. Washrooms and toilets.
- All other surfaces which are touched by users after every single use.
Each athlete wll be provided with a consent form at the sporting venue premise. This form is to be duly filled and submitted to the concerned village heads/ associations/ clubs/ organisations/ stakeholders.
The Deputy Commissioner will ensure compliance of this protocol.