In view of the recent spike in Covid-19 cases and in compliance with Order No.TPT.25/2020/PtI/279, dated: 29″ April, 2021 issued by the Commissioner & Secretary, Transport Department, Government of Meghalaya, Shillong, the following arrangement of Local Taxis and Auto Rickshaws are to ply in Shillong w.e.f 1st – 10th May 2021.
Days for Local Taxi and Auto Rickshaw to ply in Shillong
- 1st May, 2021 Vehicles Ending with 1 & 2
- 3rd May, 2021 Vehicles Ending with 3 & 4
- 4th May, 2021 Vehicles Ending with 5 & 6
- 5th May, 2021 Vehicles Ending with 7 & 8
- 6th May, 2021 Vehicles Ending with 9 & 0
- 7th May, 2021 Vehicles Ending with 1 & 2
- 8th May, 2021 Vehicles Ending with 3 & 4
It may be noted that the arrangement of Public Transport vehicles on rotation basis within Shillong Urban Agglomeration is permitted from 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM and will continue until further orders.
However, all vehicles entering Shillong Urban Agglomeration should possess a valid pass and may be permitted only for purposes indicated as per Order No. POL.75/2020/PtI/91, dt. 28″ April, 2021, Para A-7,
The order also mentions that public transport should be used strictly for movement of persons as permitted at Para A-7 of the aforesaid order. The driver and passengers are to strictly ensure seating as per permitted capacity, wearing of mask at all times, use of hand sanitizers and all other advisories of Health and Family Welfare Department.